ARTC 3440, Spring 2015
Digital Video Art
Technical Exam Study Guidelines
EXAM: Monday & Wednesday, March 23-25
What to Study / How to Prepare for Digital Video Art Midterm Technical Exam:
An essential part of this course is mastery of Adobe Premiere Pro CC software. This is a hands-on, one-on-one exam. Be prepared to demonstrate / Show the following:
- Hook up your external hard drive.
- Create a new project and set the scratch disk properly (not to default)
- Create a new Bin.
- Hook up the camcorder (provided)
- Digitize a shot from a mini-DV tape (tape provided) using Log and Capture.
- Enter a reel name
- Hit Capture Now and digitize about 10 seconds of footage.
- Copy the "Import Me" folder on the Workspace to your Capture Scratch on your hard drive.
- In PP: Import the files from the "Import Me" folder on your hard drive.
- Create a new Sequence called "PP Exam"
- Open the new clip in the Viewer and
- Set an In and Out point for about an 8-second clip.
- Create a "Black Video" and put it in the timeline on V1 track.
- Create a title that says My Exam, using Gill Sans font (bold) that is light blue.
- Put the "Title"
above the black video in the timeline on V2. Make it six seconds long.
- Bring the 8-second clip into the timeline after the title.
- Choose a second clip and do an Insert edit after the first clip. Repeat with another clip.
- Create a transition (Cross Dissolve) between the black videoand the first video clip.
- Change the Speed of the 2nd clip to 50%.
- Use the Razor tool to trim the last clip (make it shorter)
- Color correct one clip using the Three-Way Color Corrector effect.
- Add a Blur effect to one of the clips in your timeline.
- Add KEYFRAMES to slowly blur the clip from 0% to 20% over a few seconds.
- Add an audio Crossfade to the audio clips in the timeline
- Pan the audio track from left to right, using the Audio Clip Mixer and keyframes
- In the Project Window: show how to sort by In point and view as Icons.
- Know how to select and move clips around in the program, remove gaps (ripple delete).
- Export your file as a quicktime movie with the same settings as the sequence.
** Extra points for using Keyboard SHORTCUTS!
If you need a refresher, you may also come to my office hours, Thursdays 10:30am-12:30pm.