ARTC 3440, Spring 2015
Digital Video Art
In-Class Video / Sound / Lighting Exercise- First Day of Class!!
YOU HAVE ONLY 50 MINUTES TOTAL to complete this assignment !!
1) With a partner: Take 10-15 minutes (total) to interview each other: Take notes and start thinking of how / where you might shoot their video intro. Ask:
- To get familiar and comfortable with the video camcorder, learn how to "RUN & GUN"
- To get to know your classmates (since you will need help shooting sometime this semester!)
- To learn to think and plan quickly and try out acting, directing, and shooting
- Explore this fantastic building (without disturbing anyone)!
2) Use the remaining 20-30 minutes to create TWO videos (one for each of you!). Each take a turn as:
- What is your name and age?
- Where are you from?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- Show us your scars. Where & how did you get them?
- What do/did you consider the most valuable thing you own(ed): when you were a child AND now?
- When was the last time you did something for the first time? Tell us about it.
3) Produce one 3-minute video for your partner (NOT LONGER) that introduces him/her to the class. The only requirements are:
- Director & Videographer: (concept development, planning, directing, shooting)
- Actor / Interviewee: (subject of the video) * note, you may have to be both director & videographer for your piece
- They (or you) must be introduced with their name, age, and where they are from.
- During the video, you must reveal some of the information gathered during the discussion of the questions
- Choose a great location (in / around the Wolfe Center)
- Try to reveal a bit of your / their personalities in the piece!
- BE CREATIVE! Play with the camera angles, staging, composition, etc.
- BE A PRO! White balance, manual focus, select the best lighting for the mood of the piece!
INTERVIEW <•> INTERPRET <•> PLAN <•> STAGE <•> SHOOT
Back to Syllabus