Part ITYPE a proposal for your final project in ARTC331. This contract must cover the following points:
- The concept or idea behind your work (this may naturally change slightly as you work on it)
- Type of imagery you'd like to use in your site
- Sources for this imagery (found, scanned photos, digital camera?)
- Any formal considerations about your site
Part IIDESIGN A Heirarchy Chart:
- Create a hierarchy chart outlining how you will organize your final project website.
- Each box on the chart should represent a WWW page and should have the corresponding file name listed.
- Navigation should be indicated with buttons
- I should be able to clearly understand the structure of this piece from this chart!
- ALMOST Anything goes! Choose a subject you are interested in. The final piece should be artistically done, based on a creative idea, and technically superb.
YOU MAY NOT DO A COMMERCIAL SITE FOR THIS PIECE. It must have artistic content!
This work may build on an idea prompted by one of the earlier assignments this semester or may be an entire new body of work. THIS IS NOT A RE-DO of an earlier assignment!
- Really utilize your journal/sketch book/idea book when planning your final project. Jot down ideas, take research notes, sketch compositions, right reflections, etc. Allow your journal to help you organize your ideas. Write anything you want me to know about your work - questions, comments, struggles, successes, etc.
We will be meeting regularly during the rest of the semester, and I will expect you to open up your journal as a reference while we talk about your progress.
- Your proposal should be a FORMAL, well-written presentation of your concept. It should address all of the points above. It must be professionally written, typed, and spell/grammar checked. You will turn in the first draft on Monday, April 14. I will read it, give you feedback and return it to you.
On MONDAY, APRIL 14 you will present those ideas in class. Based on those suggestions, you will then write a Final proposal, due WEDNESDAY APRIL 23. We can also meet individually to discuss ideas. Take this proposal seriously! It is a significant part of your final project grade!
- Your Heirarchy Chart should be NEATLY and PROFESSIONALLY designed. It should be created on the Computer in a layout program OR drawn Very Neatly. It is due on WEDNESDAY, APRIL 16.
Final web sites due on digitalarts by WEDNESDAY, APRIL 30
ON THE FINAL CRITIQUE DAY
- We will view FINISHED WEBSITES. As you have many weeks to work on this, there will be NO EXTENSIONS. Everyone must attend the critique, even if you have already presented your work. Absence from the final critique, for any reason, will lower your overall grade by one whole letter.
Your FINAL PROJECT GRADE is counted double. Your updated Portfolio counts 1/2. So put your primary emphasis on the Final Project. However, you have time NOW to begin fixing up your portfolio. The minimum you must do is add a page with links to your other sites.
Remember, you are COMPUTER ARTISTS. A creative, well-done portfolio is integral to your ability to get a good job when you graduate. It is up to you to make the final decision about how you present yourself to the world. So do a good job, for your own sake!
MONDAY, APRIL 14
- First Draft of Final Proposal DUE
Present Ideas in Class
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 16
- Heirarchy Charts DUE
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23
- FINAL Draft of Final Proposal DUE
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23
- Individual Meetings (work at 75% completion)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 30
- FINAL PROJECT CRITIQUE!!!
SUNDAY, May 4 - 8pm
- FINAL, UPDATED PORTFOLIOS DUE (I absolutely will NOT accept anything after this time)
Back to Main