Media Synthesis: Time, Space, Image, Fall 2012
Final il[LUMEN]ate Installation Documentation
DUE: (Installed) Friday, December 3rd - Arts Xtravaganza
You must professionally document your Arts Xtravaganza / il[LUMEN]ate Video Art Installation (Final Project) using video. As you know from researching video installation art, all that remains IS the documentation. The documentation video will be edited. We will watch it during our final critique (12/12), and it will be included on your final compilation reel of your semester's work that you submit during finals week (due Friday 12/14).
GUIDELINE FOR DOCUMENTING INSTALLATION ARTWORKS:
- Use a TRIPOD ALWAYS
- White balance before shooting!
- Use Manual Focus - people will walk in the way and throw off your focus!
- If the work is on a MONITOR, set your shutter speed to 1/60 or higher to avoid shutter roll
- If the work is interactive, shoot people interacting with the piece.
- You may want to document it BEFORE or AFTER the event if you want good sound quality (when less chaotic)
- If sound is important, use a microphone.
SCHEDULE OF DEADLINES/EVENTS FOR FINAL PROJECT:
THURSDAY, 11/29: il[LUMEN]ate exhibition opens 11am. All works must be up and functioning by then.
FRIDAY, 11/30: Public projects due installed for Arts Xtravaganza, ready by 5:00pm. Works must stay up until 10:15pm, then taken down
Monday, 12/3: Deinstall Wankleman Gallery
Wednesday, 12/5: Work day - documentation videos
Wednesday, 12/12 (1:15-3:15pm): Final Critique: Edited Video Documentation of Installation due
FRIDAY, 12/14, 1pm: Final Semester Compilation Reel DUE!
Click HERE for requirements
Back to Syllabus