Artc 409 Fall 2007|
Email questions DUE: Wednesday, August 22, 5pm
Reading Part #1A DUE: DUE Monday, August 27
Essay DUE: DUE Monday, August 27
Reading Part #1B DUE: DUE Wednesday, September 5
This assignment is in THREE parts. You must complete all three.
Part 1: Reading #1A and #1B: Resumes and Cover Letters
IN TWO PARTS, handout and the Career Services Career Search Guide Book:
#1A) DUE 8/27 - BGSU Career Services Career Search Guide, Chapters 3 & 4: Resumes & Cover Letters
#1B) DUE 9/5 - Read (pp. 1-22 AND pp. 132-141) (CLICK HERE : 409_read1.pdf) or available to copy in the ARC:
- Assembling a Resume and Portfolio in The Fine Artist's Guide to Marketing and Self Promotion, pages 177-183
- Your Resume, Working or Resting in The Artist's Guide to New Markets, pages 203-213
- The Professional Artists' Resume, Biography, Cover Letter, and Statement, pages 5-9, 25-28, Resume Examples
- The School of the Art Institute of Chicago Career Center Guide, pages 132-141
BE PREPARED TO TALK ABOUT THE READINGS WITH OUR GUEST SPEAKER, Jessica Turos of
BGSU Career Services, IN CLASS ON AUGUST 27.
Part 2: Email Questions
Think of at least three GOOD questions you have for our guest speaker about resumes, cover letters, or interviews.
You must email me these questions no later than 5pm on Thursday, August 22nd. I will forward these to our guest
speaker prior to her presentation.
Email your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: 409 Questions - Reading 1
Part 3: Reflection Essay: What Next?
1) Consider the discussion we had about the three possible paths you may take as you make the transition from a
Digital Arts major in school to the outside world. Write a reflection on which direction you see yourself taking;
one of the three, a combination, or something different. Recall we talked about graduate school, computer art in
the traditional arts world (including marketing yourself), and going into industry. Your focus may be something
we didn't talk about or a combination of many ideas. Describe how you think you will start and how you will
balance your goals.
2) Next, reflect on what you see yourself doing in ten years.
The writing can be a free flow of ideas, but should be well written with at least 2 paragraphs.
MUST BE TYPED.
DUE Monday, August 27th
(via email or hard copy)
Back to Syllabus