Artc 409 Fall 2004|
DUE: THURSDAY, October 7 & 21
PART I: Enter A Juried Show or Film Festival
Research Links: DUE THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7
You can begin with the 2003 links (but you must update the information!):
- Find at least THREE (3) different potential shows and/or film & video festivals with
upcoming (not outdated) deadlines. Find out the:
- Application Deadline Must be after 10/31/2004
- Official Name of the Show
- Entry Fee $$ (if any)
- Category (choose 1: Fine Art-any, Photography, Animation, Web Art / Interactive, Digital Imaging, Other (define))
- Email me** this information AND the links to the
information pages on these opportunities.
**If they are NOT online, bring the actual forms to class.
2003 Art Exhibition Links
2003 Film Festival Links
Entry Packet: DUE THURSDAY, October 21
**You will be graded on the professionalism and completeness of this packet.
- Choose one of these exhibitions that you would like to enter (it could be one you or one of
your classmates found).
- Get the prospectus (download, copy, or contact them for one)
- Prepare your entry. Include:
- Copy of prospectus
- Actual materials you will send (label tapes and slides correctly, slides should be packaged correctly)
- Payment (check or money order), if applicable
- SASE (If you want your materials back) and
- Whatever else the prospectus requires.
- Consider including a cover letter and/or artist statement
- Place all the contents in an Unsealed but otherwise ready to mail envelope
- Address and put the proper postage on the envelope
- Hand in the complete packet in class on October 21
Once I have graded the packets I will mail them.
Part 2: Graduate School Reading Handout (due 10/7)
Read the handout I give you in class. Be prepared to discuss it next class, Thursday, October 7.
PART 3: Resume and Cover Letter v.2
Complete the SECOND DRAFT of your Resume & Cover Letter
DUE: Thursday, October 14
- Be sure to spell / grammar check
- REALLY CONSIDER the ARTISTIC LAYOUT of this draft
- Meet with a career counselor at
Only they can approve your
materials to upload onto the BGWorknet. Drop-In Hours Tues/Wed/Thurs 9:30-11:30am and 2-4pm
or make an appointment
- Have the counselor Initial and Date the back of your resume to verify that you met with them.
- Upload your resume onto the BGWorknet . I will check it here
- Hand in a hard copy on October 14
- Final Version will be due with your Professional Package on Thursday, December 2
Extra Credit Opportunities
Back to Syllabus