Artc 409 Fall 2004|
DUE: THURSDAY, September 23
Part 1: Artist Statement and Biography
Complete the FIRST DRAFT of your:
- Artist Statement
- Be sure to spell / grammar check
- Hand in a hard copy on the due date
- You will be required to meet with someone to review your artist statement and biography at
the BGSU Writing Lab
sometime between now and November 4th. MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT NOW!
call the lab at 372-2221 or visit 303 Moseley Hall
- Second Draft will be due Thursday, November 4
- Final Draft will be due with your Presentation Package on Thursday, December 2
Part 2: Reading #3 - Life as an Artist
Complete READING #3: p. 43-75 from your Course Packet
- Knowing When to Become, Not Become, or Stop Being a Full-Time Artist (Salandino, Tony)
- Chap 15: Making your Day Job Work for you (Hadden, Peggy)
- Let's Talk About Selling Your Work (Hadden, Peggy)
- Chap 3: Selling Your Work to a Museum (Hadden, Peggy)
- Nonprofit Alternative Spaces - the National Association of Artist Organizations (Vitali)
* Read and take notes on the reading.
Remember to bring your physical printed readings to class or you will be counted as absent.
Back to Syllabus