Artc 409 Fall 2003
DUE: THURSDAY, November 6 & November 20
Research: "Which Path and How?"
Choose ONE of these "PATHS" that you may follow after you graduate:
- Graduate School* : (Find contacts, type of program, application and requirements, portfolio limitations, etc.)
- Industry / Job: (Find contacts, company names, their specialties and clients, materials needed for app, etc.)
- Gallery or Museum: (Find contacts, gallery names, submission process, type of work shown there, etc.)
PART A. RESEARCH and FIND THREE "POTENTIALS" on the web.
EMAIL ME this information with the URLs so that I can put all of the resources on our class website by THURSDAY, November 6
- What SPECIFIC materials they request and in what format (be as detailed as possible)
- Application Due Date (if applicable).
Start here: Grad School Research 2002
PART B. Then, for your written assignment, CHOOSE ONE of your researched POTENTIALS and type a report with
the following sections:
*Graduate school candidates: Include an essay if they require it.
- Paragraph describing the Information that you gathered (on the type of institution / company, etc.)
- Make a list of the materials you will need to send. For each, describe in detail. For example, "I will send my demo reel that is
3 minutes long, starting with "x" animation, followed by... " or a slide list, etc.
- Prepare a mock letter, a resume, and depending on what they ask for, a statement or biography. You may indicate the visual enclosures in cover letter, but there is no need to include them for this assignment.
Bring in a FOLDER or ENVELOPE containing all of these items on THURSDAY, November 20 to be graded.
- You may only miss TWO (2) classes without penalty. Missing more than 2 will lower your final grade.
- If you do miss class, copies of assignments and all returned materials will be left for absentees in the box outside of my office door, Room #1014. You may pick them up anytime
after class. You may also look online on our class website for all updates and information.
Back to Syllabus