Artc 409 Fall 2003
DUE: THURSDAY, October 16
PART I: Resume and Cover Letter v.2
Complete the SECOND DRAFT of your Resume & Cover Letter
DUE: Thursday, October 16
- Be sure to spell / grammar check
- REALLY CONSIDER the ARTISTIC LAYOUT of this draft
- Meet with a career counselor at
Career Services. Only they can approve your
materials to upload onto the BGWorknet. Drop-In Hours Tues/Wed/Thurs 2-4pm
- Have the counselor Initial and Date the back of your resume as proof.
- Upload your resume onto the BGWorknet . I will check it here
- Hand in a hard copy
- Final Version will be due with your Professional Package on Thursday, December 4
PART II: Enter A Juried Show or Film Festival
Research Links: DUE THURSDAY, OCTOBER 16
- Find at least THREE (3) different potential shows and/or film & video festivals with
upcoming (not outdated) deadlines. Find out the:
- Application Deadline Must be after 11/6/2003
- Official Name of the Show
- Entry Fee (if any)
- Category (choose 1: Fine Art-any, Photography, Animation, Web Art / Interactive, Digital Imaging, Other (define))
- Email me this information AND the links to the
information pages on these opportunities. **If they are NOT online, bring the actual forms to class.
2003 Art Exhibition Links
2003 Film Festival Links
Entry Packet: DUE THURSDAY, October 30
You will be graded on the professionalism and completeness of this packet.
- Choose one of these exhibitions that you would like to enter (it could be one you or one of
your classmates found).
- Get the prospectus (download, copy, or contact them for one)
- Prepare your entry. Include:
- Copy of prospectus
- Actual materials you will send (label tapes and slides correctly, slides should be packaged correctly)
- Payment (check or money order), if applicable
- SASE (If you want your materials back) and
- Whatever else the prospectus requires.
- Consider including a cover letter and/or artist statement
- Place all the contents in an Unsealed but otherwise ready mailing envelope
- Address and put the proper postage on the envelope
- Hand in the entire envelope
Once I have graded the packets I will mail them.
NO CLASS ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9 - Fall Break
Visiting Artist Patrick Lichty will be here on October 16!
Extra Credit Opportunities
Back to Syllabus