PRINTING ON THE EPSON 4880
Before printing, make sure you know the exact size of your paper.
If you are printing with Silkjet, make sure you have taped the edges of the film to the buffer paper.
Loading the paper:
NOTE: Another option is to load it flat from the back instead of through the paper feed on top. I use this when the paper is 8.5X11 or smaller.
Sending the file to the printer
1. Login Mac computer near the front desk
2. Open your file in Photoshop
3. Choose file->print and you will get the following dialog box:
4. Set up color management as it is displayed above:
Š Photoshop manages color
Š Profile = EUP 10-30-16
5. Set up rendering for Relative Colorimetric
6. Check black point compensation
7. Click “print settings” to get the following box:
8. Choose papersize and scroll down to “manage custom size” (see below).
9. Type in the physical size of your paper, not the size of your image. Make sure to title it so you see the name next to “paper size.” In the example, I called mine “today.”
10. Next click on the pop-up menu that has “layout” as the default. Scroll down to choose “printer settings”
11. For page set-up choose “sheet maximum” and “manual feed.”
12. For medium type choose “Premium Luster Photo Paper (260) and output resolution at SuperPhoto and Finest Detail
NOTE: FOR TRANSFERS THAT WILL BE DISTRESSED, YOU DO NO HAVE TO USE THE HIGHEST SETTING.
IT USES EXTRA INK AND THE DETAIL WILL NOT TRANSLATE THROUGH THE PROCESS.
13. Back at the initial “print dialog box, you are ready to print.
14. Click the print button and wait a moment.
15. Your print should be printing. If not, then you could have forgotten to set sheet paper in the dialogue box or on the printer. Also check to see if your sheet might be jammed.