Legal Issues - Take Home Quiz
1) What is meant by "fair use" and in a few words list the four factors you must consider to determine if the use is legal. Remember, all four factors are weighed and balanced.
2) Expand on the first factor. What does "transformative" mean? How could this apply to what you do?
3) Expand on the second factor. How could this apply to what you do?
4) Expand on the third factor. Where is this problematic? How could this apply to what you do?
5) Expand on the fourth factor. How could this apply to what you do?
6) Expand on the so-called “fifth” factor.
7) Are the four factors meant to be clearly defined? Explain.
8) Describe a case that you found interesting or surprising.
9) How do you protect creative ideas?
10) What types of work can you copyright?
11) What do you have to do to copyright something and how long does it last?
12) Do you think your work protected if it is posted on the web? Do users infringe if they grab a portion of your web artwork?