class notes |
|[ Lectures and Technical Notes ]
| Lecture 1: Introduction to Animation
| [ Day 1 ] [ Day 2 ]
Week 1. Jan. 8: Introduction to Animation Techniques
Class objectives & expectations
Concepts and History
- What is Animation? (Manipulation of time, a visual language, film, dream medium…)
- What are the possibilities of Animation?
- Ancestors of Animation Film:
- Contemporary adaptation of the traditional tool:
- What medium has been used for animation?
- What are the properties of animation?
- What is Timing?
- What is morphing?
Show how to make a Zoetrope
Screening (other forms of animation):