Scratch on Film Assignment: Experiment with Timing and Rhythms
Scratch directly on 10' of 16mm black film leader.
1. Position the film strip with the sprocket holes (Perforation) on the left hand side, and the order of the frames / sequence will be up as beginning, and the tail as the end.
2. The right hand side of the film you can experiment with scratching / designing sound (Optical Sound Track), it is optional, not required.
3. For scratching tool, use Xacto knife of equivalent
4. For coloring, please use Sharpie only
5. Leave 12 frames head black, and 12 frames tail black (unscratched)
6. Scratch 12 frames of your name before starting your film
Make effective use of the frame
Animate on beats
Directing the eyes
Illusion of 3D
Genres of films that can be made:
Visual Music (abstract)
Whimsical (Norman McLaren)