The Nucleus and Dynamic Movement
nParticles and the Nucleus:
To adjust the Fields on an nParticle
In the nParticle Attribute editor click the nucleus1.
To use dynamics including fields and nucleus gravity and wind:
1. Turn on Enable
2. Turn OFF Enable to prevent any Fields from affecting the objects attached to this nucleus
1. on or off - controls the viewing of the N icon in the window
1. Allows you to move, scale and rotate the Nucleus
Gravity and Wind
Gravity - 9.8 is the magnitude of the gravity on earth. You can use a negative number as well.
*** If you want the Fields to have control - not the nucleus, set Gravity to 0.
Gravity Direction - x, y, and z
Air Density - the mass of the atmosphere - this affects the Drag. 0 = low density and no drag, 10 = high density and slows things down.
*** If you want the Fields to have control - not the nucleus, set Air Density to 0.
Wind Speed - 0 = no wind and 1.0 means a fast wind speed (0-1 values)
Wind Direction - x, y, z
Wind Noise - random direction and speed of the wind (0-1 values)
nParticles and the Nucleus
Each nParticle has a nucleus
When you make an nParticle you can make a new nucleus
If you want to change which nucleus an emitter is attached to, you can:
1. Select the particle or the emitter in the Outliner
2. Fields/Solver menu - Assign Solver - select one or create a New Solver
My selecting which nucleus your particles and emitter is attached to, you can control the gravity, wind, collisions and other dynamic relationships.
Next Lecture: [Fields]