Editing Referenced Files
You can edit image files and included files from HomeSite.
Editing image files
If Macromedia FireWorks is installed on your computer, you can open your GIF, JPG, and PNG image files for editing in FireWorks. You can also preview an images by viewing its thumbnail.
To display thumbnails in a folder:
- In the Files 1 or Files 2 tab, select the directory with the images to preview.
- Press Shift+Ctrl+F4.
- In the Results window, right-click on the Thumbnails tab and select Reset to current folder.
For information about how the current folder is determined between the two files tabs, see "About the Files Tabs".
To edit an image:
- Select the image to edit. You can do this in three ways:
- Right-click an image file in the Project tab or one of the Files tabs, and then select Edit in Macromedia Fireworks.
- In the Results window, on the Thumbnails tab, right-click a thumbnail for an image and select Edit in Macromedia FireworksÆ.
- In the editor, right-click an
<img> tag and select Edit in Macromedia Fireworks. The image tag must be complete and the file path and file name for the
src attribute must refer to an actual file.
- If the image you selected is in PNG format, skip this step. Otherwise, in the dialog box that appears, specify whether to open the source PNG file for the image:
- If you never create your images in PNG format and export them to GIF or JPG format, then select Never Use Source PNG in the drop-down box and click No.
The image you selected opens in FireWorks and, when you edit an image in the future, the image opens in FireWorks without displaying this dialog box.
- If you always maintain your images in PNG format and export them to GIF or JPG format, then select Always Use Source PNG in the drop-down box and click Yes. Browse to the source PNG file and click Open.
The image you selected opens in FireWorks and, when you edit an image in the future, you can immediately browse to the source PNG file without seeing this dialog box again.
- Otherwise, select Ask When Launching in the drop-down box. Click No if you want to open the selected file for editing, or click Yes to browse for and open the source PNG file for the image.
- Edit the image in FireWorks.
- When you are done, save your changes and close FireWorks.
Editing included files
You can edit included files in certain tags.
To open an included file for editing:
- In the editor, right-click in one of these tags:
- Select Edit Include file from the pop-up menu.
The file, src, template, or page that is referenced in the include tag opens in the editor.
The referenced file must have an absolute or relative path; you cannot open an included file from a logical file reference, that is, a virtual mapping on the server.